Lawrence,

    I probably need more caffeine, but I tried your instructions a
couple of different ways in case I was missing something, but I
couldn't get them to work.  I'm not finding any add to burn list in
the context menu.

    Is this with the XP Burning Utility?  I tried it with WMP 10 not
loaded before I started the process and another time with it loaded.
I'm also not getting exactly where the Control-A comes in.  I'd hit
Control-A to select the 3 files I want since they are the only files
in the target folder for select all and then do a Control-C to copy
them to the clipboard.  Sorry, if I'm being dense, but your
instructions are quite different from the ones I have that worked for
me last year which were:

First, select the files you want to burn in the usual way.  Copy them

the clipboard in the usual way.

Then put a cd in the cd drive.  Open the cd drive and paste the files.

The files won't be copied yet.  They are copied to a temporary folder

Windows uses for burning.  You will see them as though they are on the
cd

but they are really in the temporary folder.

then backspace once to get back to the list of drives.  Down arrow
until

you get to the cd drive.  Don't open the drive.  Press the context
menu

key.  Type the letter t for transfer files.  The cd burning wizard
will

come up.  Read the dialogs and follow the prompts.  First you will be

asked for a name.  If you don't type one, today's date and current
time

will be used.  After typing a title, if you want to specify one, press

enter.  You may be asked if you want to create a data or and audio cd.

This choice is made with radio buttons.  Select data cd.  Press enter.

The files will now be copied.  After they are, the disk will eject and
you

will be asked if you want to copy the files to another cd.  If you
press

enter, you will close the dialog and the files will not be copied to

another cd.  If you want to copy them to another cd, you have to check
the

checkbox in the dialog specifying this.  Or perhaps you have to answer
yes

to a yes button.  I don't recall now.  After you copy the files to as
many

cds as you want and close the dialog by activating the finish button,
the

temporary files will be erased.

    Thanks,

Margaret