From: Joseph Lee
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 12:46 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Unattended Windows XP Setup

Hi there,
1.  Since DVD falls under "optical disc" category as CD's do, I
believe (in theory) that DVD's should work.
2.  There is no "image-based" installation - where you can create
"self-installing image".  This is only possible with Windows
Vista installation.  Or if you were talking about restoring your
system from a saved image: in that case, a disk cloning software
such as GHOST should be used to prepare a backup image of your
"working" Windows installation.
Cheers,
Joseph

Windows XP by
>myself.

>Firstly, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use the
bootable DVD disk,
>but maybe just 'test' it first.

>Secondly, how do I (and is it possible) to create the
automatically
>installing 'image' from a standard Windows XP CD?

>Stay well

>Jacob Kruger
>Blind Biker
>Skype: BlindZA

CDR's.
>> If I create a bootable DVD with the Windows Unattended setup
kit, will my
>> computer know enough to work with the DVD and not try to look
for a
>> regular CD when I boot from the DVD drive to instal Windows?
Thank you
>> for reading.

>> Tony Hernandez
>> Visit the Blind Computing List home page at:
>> http://www.blind-computing.com
>> Address for the list archives:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/blind-computing@jaws-users.com/
>> To post to this group, send email to
>> blind-computing@jaws-users.com
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the
subject
>> or body of a blank message to:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Use the following form in order to contact the management team
>> http://www.jaws-users.com/BlindComputing.php
>> If you wish to join the JAWS Users List send a blank email to
the
>> following address:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Visit the Blind Computing List home page at:
>http://www.blind-computing.com
>Address for the list archives:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/blind-computing@jaws-users.com/
>To post to this group, send email to
>blind-computing@jaws-users.com
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the
subject or body of a blank message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Use the following form in order to contact the management team
>http://www.jaws-users.com/BlindComputing.php
>If you wish to join the JAWS Users List send a blank email to the
following address:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit the Blind Computing List home page at:
body of a blank message
to:
http://www.jaws-users.com/BlindComputing.php
If you wish to join the JAWS Users List send a blank email to the following
address:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Visit the Blind Computing List home page at:
body of a blank message to: