I'm wondering if it is an Opticon.  But I did not know they could read text
from a screen

Annette

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jacob Kruger
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:46 AM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] question about a problem i had and is now
fixt

FWIW, although my KNFB Reader can't read screens since it's apparently
something to do with light etc., the woman who sort of got me back onto
computers last year, in fact uses a small hand-held thing that renders
whatevers under it's surface into braille on her palm, and she does in fact
sometimes use it to check out stuff on her computer screen.

Not sure what it is/is called, but, like I said, she does in fact use it to
'check out' stuff on the screen that she's not sure of.

Just know she did in fact say it was a relatively expensive thing, but might
still sometimes be worth it - will maybe try get hold of her and find out
what it is.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker