-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jacob Kruger
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:25 AM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Using COUNT or COUNTA in Excel

If I understand what you're trying to do (obtain the sum of various cells
display values), then it's actually more simple, and you don't really need
to use a function as such.

Along these lines, if I wanted the sum of the values in A1, A2 and A3, then
in another cell I could either use the F2 key to enter editing mode, or
else, simply by starting off typing the = character it sort of automatically
does it, but anyway, the following content would in fact render the sum
mentioned above:

=A1+A3+A2
(simply hit enter after typing in the mathematical formulae)

HTH

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA