Hi, Patricia,
I looked up this error and found an answer of sorts on the following Web
site.  I couldn't find a fix, however.  Maybe someone else can.  I would
recommend you back up the messages you want to save, though before
attempting anything.  Here is what I found, in the event that it helps
someone.
Erin
Erin

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general/browse_thread/thread/9a677ec13715ce24

To avoid such corruption in future:

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages.  Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Disable Background Compacting [not available in SP2] and frequently
perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline".  More at
http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm

- WinXP SP2 only: Do not shut down your machine while Windows is
automatically compacting your message store.

- Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such
corruption.  Disable it.  It provides no additional protection.