From: "jason smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 3:51 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] strange issue with youtube videos

Hi list,
wonder if anyone has experienced the following problem. I will find some
youtube videos that I like. I know we can't directly download them to our
desktops without using a third party software. I am currently getting used
to how to do that. In the meantime, I have been going into the file menu and
choosing save as, and then saving the video as a web archive single file.
This puts it in my documents. This obviously is not the actual video, but
just serves as a quick link for me back to the video. The problem I have
noticed is as follows. I can watch the video a few times. If I later come
back to it, youtube gives a message saying "this video is no longer
available". At first, I just thought it had been deleted for some reason,
and so didn't think more of it. However, if I go into history in Internet
explorer, I can find the video no problem, and it plays fine. I can then
resave it through the file menu and it is back in my documents. However,
some of the videos will play, while others might give the "unavailable"
message again. However, like I said, if I go into the history again, I can
play the videos fine.
I know I will save myself some grief, when I learn how to download youtube
videos onto my desktop. I was just wondering, if there is a reason why they
will always play if selected from the history, but seem to expire when
chosen from my documents?
I hope this all makes sense
thanks Jason
Visit the Blind Computing home page at: