I'd switch to something like avast or avira if your only using the free edition, microsoft will only keep supporting your version of windows so long as it's got service pack 3 installed, and if you uninstall it, all that'll happen is that it keeps trying to put it back on, so it's an irritation both ways.

Aiden
----- Original Message ----- From: "Patricia Dunbar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "BPC" <Blind-Computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:42 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] AVG8 Update

Well never mind y'all in regards to AVG 8 and why I can't install it...
The manual stated the operating system didn't include xp professional with service pack 3 only with SP2.

So now, do I remove SP3 or just stay where I am using AVG 7.5.

I should have stayed with Norton and did like that guy whose said he uses it now and does pretty well..

Of course any one using Vista this AVG 8 supports.

Patricia

Visit the Blind Computing home page at:

Visit the Blind Computing home page at: