Unfortunately, you cannot change the default synthesizer for Narrator. If you find it annoying as most people do, I recommend downloading the free NVDA screen reader which has a number of different Sapi 4 and 5 voices to choose from, including Eloquence.

Gerald
----- Original Message ----- From: "mostafa almahdy" <mostafa.alma...@gmail.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 1:58 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] swich to diffrent synthesizer.

Good morning folks, guy's and girl's
am wondering that is  a capability to swich to diffrent synthesizer of
narrator, my current eddition of operating system is the following:
WINDOWS XP HOME EDDITION
it could be changed to better   synthesized speech?
i dislike to hear that stupid speech of microsoft sam.
any suggest, that would be appreciated
mostafa almahdy.
skype account:
my_speaker
--
BEST REGARD
IT'S ALWAYS HOPE THAT GIVE'S MEANING TO LIFE