From: "Tony Hernandez" <tonyhspe...@gmail.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2009 9:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Computer braille question

Hi Arianna. This is from the braille note manual. Hope it helps.

There are two sorts of computer Braille: 6-dot and 8-dot.  In 6-dot, a
capital letter is obtained by pressing SPACE with U before the letter.  If
you press
SPACE with U twice, capitals continue until you turn them off by pressing
SPACE with U again.
Alternatively, you can employ 8-dot Braille.  The two keys that we have been
calling BACKSPACE and ENTER are used in 8-dot Braille for dot 7 and dot 8
respectively.
 These two dots are the bottom two of the 4 by 2 dot cell used for 8-dot
Braille.  There is no separate capital sign.  Instead, you get upper case by
adding
dot 7 to each letter sign.  For instance, capital A is dots 1-7.  Since dots
7 and 8 are used for characters in 8-dot Braille, the ENTER and BACKSPACE
functions have to be obtained in a different way:
For ENTER, press SPACE with ENTER, and
For BACKSPACE, press SPACE with BACKSPACE.

Tony