Hi list,
I was wondering if you all could give me your opinion based on the
following info. I am considering purchasing one of the following
headsets/microphone combos below for my HP Pavilion laptop.
The Logitech is $16.88 plus shipping and the GE 4-in-1 headset is $18.88.

Does anyone have any experience with these headsets?
I plan to make a purchase soon using my $20 Wal-Mart gift card.
Also, I have a couple of technical questions based on the descriptions
below.
1. What does "in-line/cord volume control" mean?
2. What does someone mean when they say the microphone provides good
noise canceling capability?
Is this something already built into the mic, or do you have to make the
adjustments?
Thanks for any guidance on the matter.
AC

Logitech Extreme PC Gaming Headset With Microphone

Item Description

list of 5 items
• Gain the edge you need in online gaming
• Its behind-the-head design stays comfortable even after hours of
intense action
• 30mm stereo drivers produce high-quality audio
• The noise-canceling microphone blocks unwanted background noise
• Best of all, the ratchet boom lets you precisely adjust the microphone
for optimal positioning, so that it stays put even in the heat of battle
Technical Information

block quote
Connectivity Technology
10-foot cable
Sound Mode
Stereo
Frequency Response
20 Hz to 20 kHz Earpiece
100 Hz to 16 kHz Microphone
block quote end

Earpiece
block quote
Design Type
Behind-the-neck
Diameter of Speakers
1.18 "
block quote end

Microphone
block quote
Microphone Type
Boom
block quote end

Interfaces/Ports
block quote
Interfaces
1 x 3.5 mm Pin
block quote end

Additional Information
Noise-canceling microphone filters out unwanted background noise
System Requirements
PC with Windows 98, Me, 2000 or XP
Standard 3.5mm audio-in and audio-out jacks
block quote end

Specifications

table with 2 columns and 32 rows
General
Product Type:
Headset
Localization:
North America
Recommended Use:
PC multimedia
Additional Features:
Noise canceling circuit, mute button
Miscellaneous
Cables Included:
Headset cable - 10 ft
Manufacturer Warranty
Service & Support:
1 year warranty
Service & Support Details:
Limited warranty - 1 year
Connections
Connector Type:
1 x headphones ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ) ¦ 1 x microphone ( mini-phone
3.5 mm )
Microphone
Type:
Built-in - boom
Response Bandwidth:
100 - 16000 Hz
Headphones
Headphones Type:
Headphones - binaural
Headphones Form Factor:
Behind-the-neck
Connectivity Technology:
Wired
Sound Output Mode:
Stereo
Response Bandwidth:
20 - 20000 Hz
Headphones Technology:
Dynamic
Diaphragm:
1.2 in
In-Cord Volume Control:
Yes
More Information
Model No.:
980233
Shipping Weight (in pounds):
1.07
Product in Inches (L x W x H):
8.0 x 7.0 x 4.0
Assembled in Country of Origin:
China
Origin of Components:
Imported
Wal-Mart No.:
000000000
table end

Top of Page

What's Included

list of 2 items
• Stereo PC headset
• user's guide

GE Headset With Detachable Microphone And Desktop Stand

Item Description

list of 6 items
• 4-in-1: PC headset, stereo headphone, laptop microphone, and desktop
microphone
• Use microphone with headset or disconnect for use as stereo headphones
or as stand-alone mic
• Large foam swivel earcups for extra comfort
• High-quality sound in chat, interactive gaming, or Internet phone
applications
• In-line volume control and mute switch for privacy
• Desktop microphone base for use in a home or office Windows and Mac
compatible
list end