Hi, if you select Dell mousepad in the system tray, it will bring up a list of options for you. One of those options is disable. Simply put a check mark and you're good to go. I did it and it worked for me. Sorry I can't be more specific as I am away from my laptop, but if you are still having problems I will provide more details. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamie S" <seege...@comcast.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2009 10:59 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] turning off mouse pad in windows vista

Hi,
I am currently teaching a client using Jaws on a laptop using windows vista. I want to turn off the mouse pad hoping that things will become more stable. I think the client is hitting things on the mouse pad and it is making things go crazy. I know there is a way to do this under the control panel and there is an item called mouse, but once in there where do I go to turn this annoying thing off? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jamie
Visit the Blind Computing home page at:
blind-computing-le...@jaws-users.com
blind-computing-requ...@jaws-users.com