To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 12:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] question about text messaging

Hi Mitch,

I send Email to my wife's phone all the time. It doesn't cost me a thing to send it from my computer, and she has a pre-paid plan that allows for getting messages without any additional charges, as long as she doesn't go over her allowed minutes.

Here is some information that might be of use to you.

To send Email from your computer to a cell phone that has internet connection, just put the phone number in place of "phonenumber" in each of the following. No dashes or anything between the numbers. Put it in the "Send To" section in your Email, just like a regular Email address.

It's all free for you to send the Email, but remember some people have to pay a charge for each incoming text message they get, so might wanna check with them if it will cost them if you send an Email to them.

If you don't know which carrier you are sending to:

Teleflip.com sends Email to ANY carrier:

phonenum...@teleflip.com

A T & T:

phonenum...@cingularme.com

T-Mobile: