Jacob: Please tell me something about Audacity. It sounds very interesting.

Cliff Smales
csma...@att.net

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Kruger" <jac...@iburst.co.za>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] laptop computers and microphones.

Yup, for things like skype, I use a PC microphone, and I plug it into my microphone socket, which is just mono, but when I want to record things like tapes etc., I normally plug the RCA cable which supports stereo etc. into my computers proper line in socket, and use audacity, which also allows me to apply effects like noise reduction, amplification etc., and lets me clip pieces out of recordings.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA