From: <laptop_support...@mail.support.hp.com>
To: <acart...@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 21:43:23 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: RE: Windows Backup Utility

Hello,
Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.
>From your email, I understand from your email that you would ilke to use
back up utility to take the backup of your data. Let me assist you in
this regard.
Alvin, this is due to non availability of the backup application software
on your notebook operating system. To resolve the issue, I recommend you
to perform the below steps:
Step 1: Download ntbackup utility.
>From the below FTP URL, please download and install the application on
your notebook.
http://www.winxptutor.com/ntbackup.msi
NOTE: The URL(s) above will take you to a non HP Web site. HP does not
control and is not responsible for information outside of the HP Web
site.
Step 2: Backing up your files using NTBackup Utility:
1. Press Start button, Run and type NTBACKUP
2. Select Backup tab at the top
3. In the left pane, scroll to the file/folder which you want to backup
and put a checkmark on it.
4. At the bottom, mention the output filename (the backup output)
5. Once set, click Start Backup button in the right, and again click
Start Backup in resulting dialog
Note: NTBACKUP does not have the ability to write to CDs directly. You
will need to save the backup to hard drive, then transfer or burn it to a
CD-ROM. Also, while backing up several files, make sure you backup the
files in separate sets of each max 650MB (so that it fits on a CD-ROM)
I am sure the above information will surely resolve the issue with the
notebook. If you need further assistance, please reply to this message
and we will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,
Mars
HP Total Care