Hi Kathy,

I bought a Turtle Beech USB "Sound Card" from buy.com about a year ago; it
only cost about $25.00.  One problem I've encountered with this "Sound Card"
is that voice inflections in JAWS are not transmitted through the device.
But that's a small price to pay for the luxury of having two sound devices
on board your PC.

One other caveat that you may want to know about in advance, you need a set
of earphones to use the Turtle Beech USB sound card.  Or you could plug
regular speakers into it as well I suppose.  But that seems like a lot of
clutter on your desk if you already have a set of speakers hanging off the
native sound card.  The nice thing about a secondary sound card is that you
can instruct JAWS (if you use JAWS that is -- of course) to transmit through
the secondary card so any applications deploying sound through the primary
card can have an acceptable volume setting and there won't be the problem of
all those sounds -- including JAWS -- overriding each other.

HTH
Holland's Person, Bill
E-Mail: billgal...@centurytel.net
The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have.