what if you turn off your zone alarm before you instal the update and turn it
back on when the install is finished.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: DoubleLegal
  To: Blind Computer Users
  Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:58 AM
  Subject: [Blind-Computing] Can't install Windows Genuine Advantage update

  Hi gang,

  For some reason I can't install Windows Genuine advantage update. This has
been going on for several weeks now.

  I definitely have a genuine copy of XP pro, and I am able to download and
install all other Windows updates, but when I try to install Genuine Advantage,
I get a zone alarm pop up. I check the box saying to remember this answer, and
then I click on except. I'm using the free version of zone alarm firewall.

  After I do that, the download says it is finished, but that it could not be
installed.

  It's just real annoying to have that "updates are ready for your computer"
notice popping up every time I reboot. I have Windows updates set up to notify
me when there are updates, but not to download and install until I look them
over first.

  Any ideas on why this may be happening and maybe how I can get this taken
care of.

  Thanks,

  Ken