Hello,
I am pretty sure that your netbook will already have a recovery
partition. However, if you still want to create a partition, I use
partimage or whatever it's called in Linux, I am not sure if there's a
version of it for windows. When I was in windows land, I used one
called partition magic, but it is not free, and I do not not any
alternative free partioning software that is free and accessible.
Also, I believe but am not sure, that windows 7 premium editions will
allow you to create partitions within windows, but I am not completely
sure about this.

Thanks
Nimer J