From: "Donnie Parrett" <deparr...@prtcnet.org>
To: "Blind-Computing" <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2009 1:30 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] What To Do When Your Hard Drive Crashes

Hey Guys,

I received this message from a group list that I am a part of, and I wanted
some of you to read it
and see if this really works or not.  I don't know what good it would do to
do what she said she
did, but maybe some of you can shed a little light on the subject.  Here is
the message:

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post anything to this list for a few days,
but I had a major crash
of an external drive, which had all of my music collection on it, and I've
been working feverishly
to try and recover what I can from that drive the past few days.
Fortunately, I was able to recover
a lot, but the drive, itself, is shot.  I wanted to share a tip with you all
that helped me save
most of my music collection that was on that drive.  We put my damaged drive
in the freezer for a
couple of hours and then immediately took it out and hooked it up and within
minutes I was able to
copy things from it onto a safer drive.  I ended up having to place my drive
in the freezer a couple
of times, just to be able to copy the data from it, but it did work, so if
you ever have a hard
drive or external drive crash, and you would like to try and get the data
from that drive, try
putting the drive in the freezer for a few hours and then immediately put it
back into your computer
or hook it up to your computer, and try and get off what you can, before it
totally goes.  I have to
admit that when we first learned of this technique, we were really
skeptical, but this time it did
work for me.  My husband works on computers and he learned this trick as
part of his tech training.

Please join us on Skype Monday thru Friday at 8:00 EST for our Morning Skype
Prayer Time.

Contact Me At:
Donnie Parrett
1956 Asa Flat Road