Reading Edge was a dedicated Text-To-Speech reading system that was
essentially a PC configured with a scanning component, an OCR component and
a TTS component.  By "dedicated" I mean there was nothing you could do with
this system other than scan documentation.  The advantage to such a system
is that the processor need only handle the bare essentials of resource
management and process handling.  You could get away with a smaller, less
efficient CPU and supposedly have satisfactory throughput for reading
documents.  Apparently though, it wasn't quite "satisfactory" enough because
it has apparently disappeared from the market.
Holland's Person, Bill
E-Mail: billgal...@centurytel.net
- Anonymous (from my source of goofy stuff)
- Eggs and Bacon for Breakfast
- An entire day commitment for a chicken.
- A Lifetime Commitment for a Pig