To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2009 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Friends I tried what Jacob suggested and itdidn't work

so what you're saying is I should rename the file thusly,
Inbox.dbd.old?
or is it inbox.old.
I don't want to make a mistake. so I'm just checking. Thanks. Randy.

Rick Justice wrote:
Hi Randy,
I have had a similar problem in the past,and suspect it is a particular message causing the problem.
Do you have Outlook Express set to go directly to your In-Box when it
starts?
If so, try this, if you can access the menus.
1. Press ALT + T, for the tools menu, then O, for options.
2. Press Control + Shift + Tab, to jump right to the Maintenance page.
3. Tab to store folder, and spacebar that.
4. Now, tab twice,and Jaws will read the location of your Outlook Express
files.
5. Press the home key, to make sure you are at the beginning of the line, , then press Shift + the End key to select the entire line, and copy it to the
clipboard.
6. Press the Escape key twice to get out of the dialogue, and close Outlook
Express, with Alt + F4.
7. Now, open the run dialogue on the start menu, and paste from the
clipboard, then press enter.
8. You should now be in the list of .dbx files, so arrow to the one titled In-Box.dbx,and press F2 to rename the file by adding, (.old) to the end of the file.
Once you have renamed it, press enter to save the change.
9. You can close this window with Alt + F4, and open Outlook Express again. If the problem was a message in the in-box, the problem should go away, since Outlook Express created a new in-box, which will be empty. If this works for you, but you had some messages in the old folder that you need,
then let me know, and we'll see if we can retrieve them.
HTH,
Rick Justice
----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Tijerina" <rtijeri...@satx.rr.com>