OK, I've heard from members of this list that Audacity is the way to go insofar
as getting slices of audio files.  How would one go about taking a slice of an
MP3 file, say from second 43 to second 58, and saving it in a 15-second sound
clip of MP3 persuasion?

Does the MP3 encoder need to be installed? If so, where one be gotten?

Is this something a totally blind user could do? Are there JAWS scripts to
facilitate the interface for Audacity?  I'm finding that there's a lot of
buttons on the screen that are not labeled.
----
Holland's Person, Bill
E-Mail: billgal...@centurytel.net
- The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!