The software doesn't cost anything. there is a problem, though. I had the same problem as the others when trying to download the software so, I had my boyfriends sighted assistance and completed the registration. You only have to put in the email you use for signing into Amazon and your password you use there as well but you have to have a sighted person to use the mouse to click on the edit boxes to fill in that info. After I got that done, I still am unable to use the software. I have a book that I purchased from Amazon some time ago that you read on a kindle so, I was going to try it with the software...nothing happens. The Kindle software screen pops up when clicking on the book title (I have it saved in My Documents) and that is it. there is nothing on the screen as far as screen readers are concerned. I haven't asked my boyfriend yet if the book is displayed on the screen yet...I thought I'd let everyone know about the software first...so, it's still not accessible after registration.
Melissa
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark" <torgersonena...@gmail.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] The Kindle Book Reader

Hi
Yes, a person can buy the stand alone reader but in America they cost $259 to something over $550. I did not see any price on the software down load for the computer. I am thinking if the software would work I could use it on my laptop.

God bless,
Mark
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lino and Louie" <lino.mora...@lljfm.net>