Hi, Chris,

I tried that setting but the messages didn't read out automatically. The problem I'm having is that when I first load outlook express, NVDA will read a line or two and then it stops talking. I thought maybe setting OE to plain text format that would solve the problem but I don't think it will make a difference.

Rosemarie

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopher...@googlemail.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2009 1:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] setting outlook express to plain text format

In the read page, look for "read all standard mail in plain text". Check
that, click ok, and you should be good to go.

Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: christopher...@googlemail.com
MSN: ch9...@hotmail.com
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

I am also on Facebook.

On 11/12/2009 03:19, ROSEMARIE CHAVARRIA wrote:
Hi, everyone,

I'm using NVDA to write this email. For some weird reason, when I first go into outlook express and I open a message, it won't read out. I have to hit the escape key and then reopen the message. I kind of forgot how to set outlook express to plain text format. Maybe this might help solve the problem.

How do I set outlook express to plain text format. I used to know how to do it but I forgot some of the steps.

Many thanks in advance.

Rosemarie