On 12/12/2009 7:59 PM, Chris Hallsworth wrote:
 Total Recorder 7.0 and above introduces a new kernel mode driver that
 mixes the data being streamed with the sound output, at a kernel
 level. This resolves issues like garbled audio when playing through
 Direct Sound, incompatibility with some players, and so on. Not sure
 how you could resolve this apart from buying another sound card or
 muting the speech before the recording and by pressing ctrl+r to
 start the recording, ctrl+u to pause, and ctrl+p to stop. Hope this
 helps.

 Chris Hallsworth e-mail: christopher...@googlemail.com MSN:
 ch9...@hotmail.com Skype: chrishallsworth7266

 I am also on Facebook.

 On 12/12/2009 17:10, Stewart A Overbey Jr. wrote:
> Does anyone use Total Recorder for their audio recording?  When I
> upgraded to VISTA, then Windows7, Total Recorder now records my
> JAWS key strokes as I am recording an audio file, or an Internet
> Stream. I've tried playing with the play and record devices, but,
> everything I try works the same.

Bless the Lord o my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Stewart A Overbey Jr.

Personal Email: saover...@gmail.com <Mailto:saover...@gmail.com>
Cell: (706) 474-1336
Skype: Stewart.Overbey

Chris,

Thanks. I played around, and found that through the JAWS Utilities, I could route JAWS through my headset, then I can record just fine, and do other things. I just need to work with my headset on while recording.