From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Elaine
Sent: Wednesday, 16 December 2009 15:17
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Recording with line in

Hi guys

wonder if anyone could help?  I am recording from TV  satellite on to my
computer using line in and a RCA/stereo cable.  doesn't appear to matter
what volume level I use, I hear a humming sound in the background of the
recording.  does anyone know what causes this annoying sound and if I can
find a way of removing it.

I have gold wave and have tried to filter the sound out, but it then
distorts the rest of the recording

I've replaced the cable and tried a different computer, with no change, so I
can only assume it's something to do with my satellite box.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Elaine

database 4693 (20091216) __________