Office 2007 allows you to save documents as Word 97-2003. These are for Word documents at least, and it should be possible with Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations. When you open an earlier version of an office document, the word '[compatibility mode]' will be displayed beside the document's name. This just means that any features you wish to use that are only available in the 2007 system will not be available until you convert to the 2007 equivalent format. Hope this helps.

Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: christopher...@googlemail.com
MSN: ch9...@hotmail.com
Skype: chrishallsworth7266