From: blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:blind-computing-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of David
Griffith
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:46 AM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Can't make a hot key for volume control
inVista

I do not have vista and someone else may know where this is hidden away.

But in your situation  I would try the following.
Create a text document   and type the following in.
Sndvol32
 and press enter.
Save this as volume.bat  in your documents folder.
Close the file.
Go to your documents folder.
Highlight and press control c to copy Volume.bat.
Press Windows d to go to the desktop.
Pres F5 once to make sure that nothing is highlighted.
Now pres the application key or shift F10 and select paste shortcut.
This should put a shortcut to volume.bat on your desktop.
Select this and press alt enter to bring up properties.
Now you can assign a shortcut key
Hopefully Bob is now your relative.

a Little long winded but providing Microsoft have not changed the name
of
the volume applet it should work.

Regards

David Griffith.