Derek,

I'm not aware of any way to rename multiple files at once. The F2 command will rename a folder or file, but not multiple folders and files, if I'm not mistaken.
Blessings,
Stewart A Overbey Jr.

From: "DEREK HACKETT" <derek.hacke...@btinternet.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:38 AM
To: "Blind Computing For JAWS" <Blind-Computing@jaws-users.com>
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Bulk Renaming of Picture Files

Hi Folks
I have been trying to rename my collection of family pictures with the folowing format (january-2010-Picture 001.jpg), but my PC will only rename the files to the followig format (january-2010-Picture (1).jpg. My Operating system is windows XP Pro. SP3, JAWS11 & the method I have been using to rename my pictures is:-
1) Select the Picture folder in question.
2) Select all the pictures in that folder by pressing Ctl + A.
3) Press the F2 key, type in the new file name & press Enter.
therefore please could anyone explain what I am doing wrong!.
Thanks for any advice given.
Regards
Derek

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4813 (20100128) __________