To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 6:07 PM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Problems formatting pen drive

Hi guys

wonder if anyone could help with a really strange problem I've got with a pen drive. I've had this pen drive for about 6 months, up until today it was fine. I went to move a file on to it and windows told me it was right protected. I hadn't changed anything so don't know why I got that message. When I looked on the pen itself there were about 64 files but non of which I'd placed on the drive. the file names were really weird. I did consider the drive had a virus of some kind so thought I'd format it. I cant appear to format the drive, windows keeps telling me I don't have permission and the drive is right protected.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to solve it? or is this a dead drive.

I'm using vista so wondered if that was another issue here.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Elaine

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4836 (20100204) __________