Arianna:

Go to www.jaws-users.com and download program number 26 - command line mute utility. Follow the directions to create a desktop icon and command shortcut to run the program. Also, put a shortcut to the program in your startup folder. Then, if your sound ever becomes muted, just press the shortcut command for the utility or just restart your computer. This has saved by butt on many occasions.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arianna Calesso" <acale...@frontiernet.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 9:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Need run command to unmute computer

Well, David, I was pretty close.

I have Lou in the hospital and have been taking my netbook back and forth with me to do email and so forth, but this afternoon, the darned thing just quit not only talking but there was no windows music sound, indicating to me that it has become muted.

So far, the command hasn't worked, but I'm charging it up just in case the battery is low.

Many thanks.

Arianna
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Ferrin" <d...@jaws-users.com>