Greeting!
Thanks for the instruction. It works!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike & Barbara" <mb69ma...@charter.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 10:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Gmail with pop account

Hi G.BRL;

Try the steps below.
Configuring your GMail account for POP access

1. Log in to your Gmail account.
2. Click 'Settings' at the top of any Gmail page. Note: this needs to be
done with your mouse.
3. Hit enter on 'Forwarding and POP' in the orange 'Mail Settings' box Gmail
POP Settings.
4. Select 'Enable POP for all mail' or 'Enable POP for mail that arrives
from now on.'
5. Choose the action you'd like your Gmail messages to take after they are
accessed with POP.

To configure your client manually:

1. Enable POP in your Gmail account as outlined above.
2. Open Outlook or Outlook Express.
3. Hit enter on the 'Tools' menu, and select 'Accounts...'
4. Hit enter on 'Add,' and then Hit enter 'Mail...'
5. Enter your name in the 'Display name:' field, and Hit enter on Next..
6. Enter your full Gmail email address (
usern...@gmail.com)
in the 'Email address:' field, and Hit enter 'Next.'
7. Enter 'pop.gmail.com' in the 'Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server:'
field. Enter 'smtp.gmail.com' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP) server:' field.

8. Hit enter on 'Next.'
9. Enter your Gmail username (including
'@gmail.com')
in the 'Account name:' field. Enter your Gmail password in the 'Password:'
field, and Hit enter 'Next.'
10. Hit enter on 'Finish.'
11. Hit enter on the Properties button
12. Control tab to reach the 'Advanced' tab.
13. Check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)'
under 'Outgoing Mail (SMTP).'
14. Enter '465' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP):' field.
15. Check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)'
under 'Incoming mail (POP3).' The port will change to 995. *The order of
'Outgoing'
and 'Incoming' mail server fields varies by version. Make sure you enter the
correct information in each field.
16. Control tab to reach the 'Servers' tab, and check the box next to 'My
server requires authentication.'
17. Hit enter on apply and then enter again on 'OK.'

Close Window

----- Original Message ----- From: G.BRL