From: "Scorpio Forever" <scorpio...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 9:19 AM
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] external Mp3 player question

So it sounds like it's a standard generic MP3 player, so it should plug in just fine, and, from your last message, your computer is detecting it, so
there should no be issues.

One suggestion I would make is to go into your device manager after hitting alt+enter on your My Computer icon on your desktop, and control+tabbing over to the hardware tab, then tabbing over to the device manager button.

Within the device manager, arrow through your computer's components until
you see the list of USB devices, and delete them all.

Just arrow through each one of them, and press your delete key and remove
each and everyone of them.

Once you've accomplished this task, reboot your computer, and let Windows self-detect the USB ports and install the drivers for them.

Once this is done, use the Windows Update feature, and update your Windows, just to make sure that the version of the drivers for your USb devices that
your computer is using is up to date.

Once you've discovered that it is up to date, plug your MP3 player back into
your computer.

When the dialog box pops up asking you what you want to do, indicate that you want it to do nothing, and make sure the checkbox to do this task every time you plug in this device to the computer is checked, and tab to the ok
button.

Once done, have a look and see if the MP3 player is there.

Now, these instructions are for Windows XP machines, so if you're running anything other than a XP machine, such as Vista or Windows 7, then I'm afraid you'll have to Google your particular problem and operating system, as I'm sure there will be no shortage of steps for you to take in doing
this.

Let us know how it went for you.

Scorpio

For answers to frequently asked questions about this list visit: http://www.jaws-users.com/help/