You may also want to try using a can of compressed air to clean the keyboard.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jacob Kruger" <jac...@mailzone.co.za
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Date sent: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 04:05:16 +0200
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] friends is it safe to watch a keyboard inplainwater?

It really depends on the keyboard itsself since some of them are
specifically more or less splash proof, but I wouldn't call them water
proof.

To clean it, generally, you'd just wipe the keys etc. with a damp cloth, and also turn it upside down somewhere and tap it (relatively gently) on the rear a bit to try get any dust etc. out of the inner parts of it, but you wouldn't really wash it as such apart from just wiping surfaces with a damp
cloth - with no water drops running off thereof.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA