Bill,

I've encountered the same problem as you. When you set up the formula -- SUM(C5:C10) -- and then insert another row ahead of Row 5 the value in the "new" C5 is not reflected in the sum. I tried this at least 4 times with the same results.

Here's how I would go about doing this, I would employ a NIL cell at C4 (or C5 if there's some reason you can't use Row 4 and then use the formula - SUM(C5:C11) - and then as you insert row above Row 5 the formula will automatically adjust to increase the last cell of the formula to reflect the new row number it occupies. In other words, C11 will become C12, then C13, then C14, etc.
----
Holland's Person, Bill
E-Mail: billgal...@centurytel.net
- "With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another." - German Aphorist, Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)