Oh, Mike, if this works I surely will bless you. I've been fooling around with this HP Pavilion ZD7000 laptop for months and no matter what I do, video intercept just will not install.

From what I see, I have 3 display drivers listed and the latest one is the
default.  Still no go!

I'm so sick and tired trying to get this thing to work and I hate to get rid of this computer even though it isn't the latest and greatest because it has always served me well. I had a very knowledgeable person working on it when I had a problem with it and when it came back the video intercept would not install.

I hope I understand your directions well enough to try your solution.

Any more tips will be great!

I'll let you know how I make out when I do the job.

Arianna
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike & Barbara" <mb69ma...@charter.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Display driver

Hi Arianna;

It sounds like you are having the same problem that I had in trying to
update the NVIDIA video card.  I tried to update with the update titled "
197.75...".  When I tried to run this update it wouldn't install to the
folder all the past updates would install to, and wanted for me to choose
where to install the update to.  I tried routing the update to the NVIDIA
folder in Program Files where all the other updates went but, without any
luck. Long story short, trying to run this particular update screwed up my computer and I had to have a technician fix both of my computers. You see,
I wasn't happy screwing up just 1 computer, I had to screw up both of them
to feel satisfied!  LOL  Possibly you can do a system restore and get back
to where you were before you tried to update.  Was there any particular
reason for trying to update?  I always tried to keep my video card updated
until this last fiasco and I will never try to update the video card again! If you are wanting to install the video intercept and are running Jaws10 and
up, I have always had to remove the Freedom Scientific admin tool through
add & remove programs in the control panel first, then run the FS video
intercept32 bit.exe that you have downloaded and saved beforehand.  The
direct download link is below.

ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/Tools/FSVideoIntercept-32bit.exe

Now, I must say that this is the way that I have gotten around the video
intercept not wanting to install after updating my video card using Jaws10
latest. Others might disagree but, as I said, this is the only way I could
get the video intercept to install.  If you have any more questions that I
might be able to help regarding this issue feel free to contact me off list.
I hope that some or all of what I have said can be some help.  Take care.
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Justice" <ricjust...@jaws-users.com>