I imagine you found out that we restrict cross posting on here as a method to cut down on people spamming multiple lists all at once. I'm sure somebody on here will be able to answer your question even if I can't.
David Ferrin
ow...@jaws-users.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Eleni Vamvakari" <magkis...@gmail.com>
To: "blind-computing" <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 8:58 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Disabling GMail Address Book

 Yesterday, when I sent an e-mail to you, it wound up also going to
one of my friends.  I do everything through the web with GMail, and
because I didn't know your address off-hand, I was copying and pasting
it in.  But then, NVDA would stop speaking and I had no idea that it
was putting the name of the group and then the address in the "to"
field.  I thought I'd accidentally copied the extra information
instead of just the address, so I deleted it.  I usually type in
addresses so don't come across this very often.  In any case, is there
a way for me to make GMail not automatically paste in e-mail addresses
or change the ones I do paste in by adding names etc in them?  It
would be fine if I could see it doing that but when I type in the
first few characters, I have to then wait for NVDA, then get out of
the form and go back in again to make sure that it chose the correct
address.

Thanks,
Eleni