Awhile ago, I was considering a laptop or a palmtop.  Well, I couldn't
find a palmtop that matched my specifications (alot less than these of
course), so decided to try for a laptop or desktop.  I sent my request
to several places, and one company, JG Custom PCs, said that they' be
willing to make one for me.  The laptop would be out of my price range
but the desktop would be far less than the $600-$800 that I'd set as
my highest prices.  Plus, it would give me great flexibility and true
customisability.  So here are my final computer specs that I sent to
the technician.  Please let me know if I've missed anything essential
and feel free to make comments or to ask questions.  He hasn't started
building it yet and is in the process of looking for parts.  If you're
not interested in reading all the specs then I'd like to know one
thing.  Should I get PCI or ISA slots or neither?  I've already
included serial and parallel ports and pcmcia and scsi slots.  But I'm
not sure if I'll need a pci or isa slot and wouldn't want to be
without one if I do.  If you have a laptop that meets a good number of
these specs and are willing to sell it, could you please let me know
offlist?  The 5.25 floppy, cd rom, scsi slot, ethernet jack and usb
port are not necessary on the laptop.  I'd also like something under 7
lbs. if possible and with less than a 14.1 screen (smaller is better).
 Needless to say, I'll also except a desktop if you have it, same
exceptions apply, with the addition of the pcmcia slot not being
necessary, since most desktops don't have those.  But  having both
floppies would be nice.  The only catch is that it has to have some
DOS drivers, at least for important things like the bios, or I'm not
sure if I'll be able to have the os installed on it, which explains
why I didn't simply buy one from Ebay.  But I can do the research if
you give me the name and model.

Stars mean that something is essential and dbd means determined by
designer.  The optional section is idealistic and not necessary.

===
Desktop Specifications

Form Factor
small/able to fit on desk (mini tower if possible and regular desktop if not)

 Weight
whatever is reasonable for size and hardware included

hard disk capacity
No more than 5gb and no less than 100mb if there's no partition.
Willing to accept a partition of a single  10gb drive split into
two5gb drives or two separate internal drives but if you know how to
makeDOS see more than 5gb I'll accept a larger single drive. Nothing
over 20gb is needed.

Ram
*No more than 64mb and no les than 32mb.

CPU Speed
No more than 500mhz and no less than 100mhz.

Input
Enhanced 101 keyboard (already owned but a new one is fine so long as
it doesn't connect via usb port.)

Media
*1 3.5 in. (1.44mb,, LS240 or HiFD 200mb) floppy
*1 5.25 in. high dencity floppy,
1 cd rom

Connectivity
*1 standard RS-232 9-pin male serial port
*1 bidirectional female parallel port (2 if possible)
*1 pcmcia slot
*1 modem jack with internal 56k modem
1 ethernet jack
*1 ps/2 port
1 line-in jack or microphone jack
*1 headphone/speaker jack
video ports dbd
1 scsi slot
1 usb 2.0 port

Sound
*built-in DOS-compatible sound card

Screen-related
resolution: dbd
graphics etc.: dbd

OS
Latest stable release of Enhanced DR-DOS with all necessary drivers
and patches preferred. If not, then a machine with FreeDOS installed.
Links and installation instructions will be provided.

Ideal/optional
parts from Japan,, America, Europe etc. and not china,  Korea, Taiwan
etc. (really appreciated)
ability to burn with cd rom if drive is included
wireless card (WaveLAN and ORiNOCO might work with DOS)
metal casing
1  750mb zip drive
other essential hardware dbd