To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 11:24 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Having I e troubles

Hi, recently, I finally took the plunge and allowed windows to update a bunch of stuff in the computer here. I had been avoiding it, because I had let it update internet explorer and my jaws 9 which was a purchased product couldn't deliver on the new i e. So I had to go through all sorts of junk to get that straitened out and downgrade i e again and all. But here recently I thought, ya know, I've got this jaws 10 demo, what the heck, let's update everything again!
I did, and it still wasn't working well, so I told my friend my problem.
She said well, now there is jaws 11.
I said, oh my!
So I called and took the plunge and bought jaws 11.
Installed it and my internet explorer is still not working at this point.
For some reason it is back in i e 7 something. And to tell you the truth, I don't know how I got there in all of this confusion. Right now when I try to run i e, and get to google which is what is currently my home page, it locks up the voice and everything, shows sort of google, but you can't work arrows and it goes from white to black and all of this. It showed a blue line and an hour glass like it was working on something, but it never finished. I will get the error reporting bit sometimes and it will ask if I want to send the error report and all of that. My computer works, all-be-it slowly other than i e. I am using outlook express to send this message. I am using xp home, I have a vg as my virus checker and all, and that's about to expire, and I would like to find another solution for that, because I don't like a vg. So if you have suggestions about what to use which would work well, tell me that too.
I appreciate any help, and will look forward to your suggestions.

Matt Mullins