Well, that answer was really directed towards the windows users on
here and not me, but thanks for saying hi and I'm glad you gave them
the information they needed.  As for me, I want a flatbed and not a
document scanner, so if anyone knows of one of those, please let me
know.  I highly doubt it'll be expensive now, even if it was once top
of the line, unless it's a collector's item.  I'll see if I can find a
timeline of Scanjets.  that might be the best way to go about this.
Also, I have something called Recognita but it's not the last version.
 oes anyone know what scanners work with it?

Thanks,
Eleni