Hi Hamid,

First let me just say "don't mention it", it's always my pleasure mucking in
the Windows filesystem.
Secondly, as regards other Windows 7 applets, I am not fully competent on
that OS as I just use it in office and not at home where I could take my
time studying it. Still I trust that perhaps this coming hot August, I will
switch to this OS full-time. So the control panel applets I am going to list
below reflect my Windows XP machine on a Fujitsu Lifebook notebook which I
move around with.
So any entries marked with a star (*) is machine specific: do not run it on
your machine. Windows will complain that it can't find the resource you are
referring to. However, for any person who might have a machine similar to
mine, they won't have any problem: but they are few entries of that nature.

Most of the applets I list below are common on Windows
XP, and I trust that when I start using Win7, I would update this list to
reflect this.
Still, I know that someone out there might do this and help others who are
already running Windows 7: if they are there, please help.

Some important notes to make regarding this list: you will see that the
names of the applets end in CPL file extension. If you see a file like this,
it means it is a control panel applet.
Also, to reiterate: any name of the applet followed by an asterisk (*) is
not meant to be run on systems that aren't Lifebook notebooks. They are
included here to help anyone who might also be using a Lifebook notebook.
Please note that this list is not complete: it only reflects some applets
out of a million you might have on your system: still these are the common
applets found on NT-based machines. You can get or lose applets by either
the addition of a program on your system or its removal; you may also lose
control applets from your Control Panel not because the program was removed:
this could be the result of system changes you make in some interface (for
example, the Registry editor, the Group Editor Policy or the TweakUI for
Windows XP). The reasons are endless: you can speculate some yourself.

The notation I use is the filename = the name of the applet.
So without much ado, here we go:

access.cpl = Accessibility Options
appwiz.cpl = Add or Remove Programs
Desk.cpl = Display Properties
Firewall.cpl = Windows Firewall
hdwwiz.cpl = Add Hardware
igfxcpl.cpl = Intel Graphics for Mobile*
inetcpl.cpl = Internet Properties
intl.cpl = Regional and Language settings
irprops.cpl = Wileless Link
joy.cpl = Game controllers
Main.cpl = Mouse Options
mmsys.cpl = Sounds and Audio Devices
ncpa.cpl = Network Connections
netsetup.cpl = Network Setup Wizard
nusrmgr.cpl = User Accounts
odbccp32.cpl = ODBC User Administrator
powercfg.cpl = Power Options
QuickTouch.cpl = Lifebook Application QuickTouch Panel*
STAC97.cpl = SigmaTel Audio Device*
sysdm.cpl = System Properties
telephon.cpl = Phone and Modem
timedate.cpl = Date and Time Properties
wscui.cpl = Windows Security Center
wuaucpl.cpl = Automatic Updates

Hope this helps,

Ishe

We all have the right to be wrong in our opinions but not in our facts.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hamid AITOUZNAG" <hamid.ma...@gmail.com>