To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2010 1:32 PM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Some Useful utilities

 Hi everyone,

I'm not sure whether these are on the programs list, but I just think they might help someone out there using any version of Windows starting from XP to 7.

The first one of these is called Belvedere. It is used to organise your files into folders. Or let me say it is used to create rules in your documents just as you do with message rules. You can create as many rules on one folder or have many folders on a single rule. For example, you can schedule to clean your downlload folder after every five days, or even to have that download folder stripped off its files soon after any download completion. You can also decide to arrange files into subfolders in your My Documents folder in a way based on their extensions. This helps you organise your content when preparing assignments, examinations -- the list is endless.

Well, the other one is called System Protect. This one can even run on 64-bit systems. It is to protect your sensitive documents from accidental deletions or whatever. You just add your precious documents (as files or folders) and when you try to delete them, the program will not allow this. This runs as a service and you can only delete your protected files after you turn off the service or else manually remove the protected files from settings. I think it is helpful in situations whereby some malware may choose to modify your applications without your knowledge.
That's enough ranting for now:

Now the problem is I no longer know where I got these utilities, so if you're interested in these, contact me off list or else any of the list moderators (Rick or David) who can just place them on the Blind Computing/JawsUsers Programs list.

Otherwise it's cheery for everybody and a peaceful weekend!

Ishe