No problems here with the regular Google.com site I still use regularly.
Otherwise the accessible page is at http://labs.google.com/accessible/
Martina

From: "John Justice" <john_just...@verizon.net>
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 12:50 AM
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Subject: [Blind-Computing] GOOGLE HAS CHANGED AND NOT BETTER FOR THE BLIND

I don't use Google all that much so maybe someone has already addressed this
issue.  but Google has changed their layout and introduced some interactive
functions that will completely derail screen readers.
In addition, the default sends you to IGoogle which is not a good idea at
all in my opinion.

1.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

2.  There are links for you to click on which mention the screen reader but
they don't seem to be doing much.  Is there something i should be aware of,
here?

3.  Is there a way to avoid I Google entirely?
It doesn't work anything like the original Google did.

4.  Someone had a special web site address which put you on a Google page
that was specifically designed for screen readers.  if that URL  is still
available, could you post it here, please?

JOHN AND LINDA JUSTICE
WITH GUIDE DOGS JAKE AND ZACHARY
PERSONAL E-MAIL:  john_just...@verizon.net