A new version of MSE is out of beta now.  It can be downloaded at:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=e1605e70-9649-4a87-8532-33d813687a7f&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MicrosoftDownloadCenter+%28Microsoft+Download+Center%29

Watch for a line break in the long link.  You may have to cut and paste into
Notepad, remove any newline characters, then cut and paste into your browser's
address bar.

I hear it is now cluttered with unneccessary graphics.  However, the interface
seems to work identical from a screen reader perspective.  There are a few
different and new options in the settings, such as limiting the processor at a
certain maximum percent.   There are some deep differences.  It now is closely
tied to other components, such as the Windows Firewall.  I just installed it.
I will post back if there are any surprises or pitfalls.

Don Marang

There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real
substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working on
things that matter.
Dean Kamen