I use MSE along with Malwarebytes Pro and Spyware Blaster. No problems here.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lennie" <lenni...@mchsi.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 10:18 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Microsoft Security Essential & other spywareprograms

Hi,

I just installed the latest version of MSE on my wife's laptop using Windows XP. I have a couple of questions regarding other spyware programs on her computer.

She has the free version of SuperAntiSpyware and Spyware Blaster installed on her computer.

According to the installation of MSE, it was recommended to uninstall all other spyware programs since I suppose that there would be a conflict. I think there should not be any other real time spyware running with MSE which SuperAntiSpyware is not. However, Spyware Blaster is always running in the background.

Does anyone know if this really cause a conflict and running MSE scan would create a false positive? For the moment, both spyware applications are still on her computer and I would like to know what to do since I will be eventually installing MSE on my desktop XP computer with the two same spyware application on it.

Any suggestions and help will greatly be appreciated. Thanks and take care.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Lennie