You might want to consider switching to Microsoft Security Essentials which is totally JAWS accessible and was just selected as the best freeware product of 2010 by the popular Gizmo's Freeware site. I have never used Avast myself, but apparently, Avast has been getting less and less JAWS friendly with each successive release. Why put up with this aggravation when there is a better alternative? Even if they respond to your email complaint, it could take weeks for them to address the JAWS compatibility issue.

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anna Vimini" <an...@etown.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2011 11:11 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Avast

Hi all using avast 5.0
abast has just updated its program to avast 5.1.864
and I was wondering if any of you noticed that it is no longer accessible to Jaws or is it just my immagination ? and I was also wondering if any of yous had an email address for avast so I might ask them why avast is no longer accessible to Jaws?
thank you in advance anna