Try going into folder options > view, and its one of the last items at the
bottom of the list: automatically go to the search box.
andre
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Torgerson" <marktorger...@my180.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2011 1:08 PM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Resetting First letter Navigation in Windows
7Folder

Hi

     I have a folder that I use first letter navigation on. Unfortunately,
something has been changed on the settings for this folder and whenever I
press the first letter of a file name, the computer puts me in a search box.
Does anyone know how to change back to the first letter navigation mode? I
am at a loss.

     I am running JAWS 12, IE9, and Windows 7.

     Thank you for your help.

God bless,

Mark