hi
about a week or two ago [give or take a bit] i wrote to the list

referring to an ongoing problem that i have had for several months with

no sensible or even logical answer.
the problem was as the subject box describes.
that was that whenever i chat to anyone on skype they can hear jaws

echoing back through the loudspeakers.
i am unable to hear theirs.
this brought me to thinking that something was not quite right here.
so i set about the mammoth task of asking everyone i could think of for

any possible solution to what was causing this to happen and how it

could be rectified.
amongst the people i asked was the r n i b computer volunteer chap and

Wally Harding a technition in computing at the r n i b in Peterborough

UK.
unfortunately with all of these possible people that could shed some

light on to the subject sadly no one was able to comply and fulfil my

request.
i went through the settings in sound manager and could find nothing

untoward.
i spoke to someone on skype last night and it was decided that between

us we would see what the setting were for the both of us.
i then discovered one of them was set at 95.
much to high i am sure.
so it was brought down to 50 percent.
this made a huge difference although there was still some more work to

do.
another problem i had of which i did not mention to the list was that

my speech/modulation sounded like i was underwater.
nothing like the way i sounded when we first spoke to each other on

skype.
my learned friend was still able to hear the screen reader over the

speakers but it was at a much improved audio level and was hardly

hearable. a far cry on previous evenings when the screen reader was

louder than me.
another suggestion that my learned friend spoke about was moving the

microphone from the cack of the computer and place it in the front of

the tower casing.
oh well nothing to lose here i suppose so with great difficulty i

managed to pull the microphone jack plug out of the sound card on the

back of the computer and place it at the front.
there is a flap which contains 2 u s b sockets and 2 3.5 jack plug

sockets.
as soon as i spoke i heard the other person say much better.
he said i sound just like i did when we first spoke on skype with no

harmonic feedback and modulation was perfectly clear and very

understandable.
not quiet and not loud or over powering.and most importantly no

underwater sound effects.
i then proceeded to move along the screen using the screen reader and

this was much better.
i could do with just one more adjustment perhaps but that would only be

to change microphones over to a uni directional one.
so i am i would say 85 percent  of the way to correcting this rather

long winded and ongoing problem.
but 85 percent from yesterday is much better than no percent or even

minus 10 of which i was before yesterday
i can live with that.
so a small adjustment in sounds and audio devices and moving the

microphone from the back to the front of the computer provided the

solution to the mystery that no one was able to solve
but many thanks to all who did suggest possible things that may help
and of course apologized for conducting a biography rather than a quick

answer to inform all the list that i am now back up and running
thank you
Yvonne