Well I did not think it possible for an ex hd to crash your computer. Yesterday
I turned the computer on downloaded my email and turned the ex hd on. I heard
the windows tones for a new device but it was not in the list. Cycled the drive
a few times with same results. Restarted windows and it would not start. Forced
a power down and restarted with same non responsive results.  Turned the drive
off and tried to start the computer and there were windows files trashed.
Recovered the system and lost the early morning emails. Since there was nothing
more to lose I toyed with the hd. After cycling it several times it was finally
recognized. I started calling to find a replacement. One of the computer stores
told me that by turning it on and off it realigned the lazars. He recommended
that I leave it powered on until I get the replacement drive then copy
everything over. Think I will try this with image for windows.
---
Please visit my home page, it is motivational, educational, inspirational with
a touch of humor. There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind.
http://www.LennyMcHugh.com