Hi David,
I checked the items in the control panel and they are set correctly here. But I don't get the part about pressing shift 2 Where do I do this? I've been having this issue for ages, but when I asked the question on the list, I didn't make it as clear as Janie, to whom I am most grateful, and I received no response.
Recently David wrote:
Hello there; I had a similar problem with my Dell Vostro laptop and I did the following; 1, I went to control panel/region&language, then I made sure that; on the format page tab I chose,English US, on the location tab I chose, current location, US, then tab okay press enter. when I pressed shift+#2 jaws said quote, and the apostrophe was another symbol. now things are normal. let me no if this helps. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Janie Degenshein" <jdege...@comcast.net> To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com> Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:57 AM Subject: [Blind-Computing] Jaws says " and ' incorrectly? Hello Listers With Jaws 11 and 12 my ‘ and “are reading like this a circumflex and other crazy statements including elipsis etc. Any suggestions of where to look Should it be in the adjust jaws optionns? Can’t seem to find it? Keep Smiling, Janie Degenshein Access Tech Consultant Facilitator of ECHO Co-host of OTBS On The Bright Side www.thruoureyes.org/brightside.html jdege...@comcast.net For answers to frequently asked questions about this list visit: http://www.jaws-users.com/help/ Send any questions regarding list management to: blind-computing-ow...@jaws-users.com For answers to frequently asked questions about this list visit: http://www.jaws-users.com/help/ Send any questions regarding list management to: blind-computing-ow...@jaws-users.com