From: "Linda Mumford" <lmumf...@uga.edu>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2011 12:38 PM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Is anyone a MAC user

Is anyone out there a MAC user? I need to get a new laptop computer and I
have read that the MAC comes with it's own screen reader, that Apple
automatically updates it, and there is no fee like JAWS charges for its new
software versions. What I don't know is:
1. Is the MAC user friendly for a blind person?
2. Is there scanning software that is compatible with the MAC (I currently
use Open Book, but this is not compatible with the MAC.

Any and all advice including pros and cons would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Linda Mumford